Thursday, June 08, 2006

I Just Won $1,843,210.00 (£1,000,000.00)!!!!!!!


I just got this. It is part of a new scam (to me, anyway) I sniffed out by Googling : "UNITED KINGDOM NATIONAL LOTTERY," where the legitimate lottery explains that there are a number of scams using their good name. This one is easy to spot. As you can see, when you click on the "From" address to check it or forward it, it is "hotmail.com". No real, legitimate agency would be conducting their business on hotmail! Or have typos like “asignned Fudiciray,” and bad grammar. Only the Nigerians get away with that!

(Friend Roz also wonders, if I respond to this, what I will put as my "Marital Statue?" For that, I have posted Alice gazing admiringly at Michelangelo's David, hopefully because it reminds her so much of her man.)

Another reason I was suspicious is that I never buy lottery tickets. They anticipated that, and explained that I was chosen at random, no ticket sales were made.

Right! They just have to give approximately $1,843,210.00 (£1,000,000.00) to someone who never buys one of their tickets. Their warmest desire is to reward me for never giving them my business. On that basis, I can think of a lot of other activities I don't participate in, like purchasing yachts, private airplanes, expensive autos, diamonds and gold bullion, & etc. – the list is very long - where are my nonparticipant rewards from all those businesses? Since there are many builders of luxury yachts, shouldn’t I get several rewards for not participating in each category? It would be presumptuous of one yacht builder to decide that his was the yacht I chose not to buy, and reward me for that, when I am sure I chose not to buy from all of them.

I know it's hard to pass up $1,843,210.00 just there for the asking. I think that is what whoever put this together intended. This is just a straight appeal to greed. You don’t get to participate in international intrigues, like the Nigerian emails. I remember my Mother telling me that I would never get something for nothing, and she hadn't even heard about Nigerians at that time. And, "If something sounds too good to be true, guess what?"

Here is the temptation:----- Original Message ----- From: "Mrs. Rebecca Jenkins" <fuduciary_johnwilliams@hotmail.comTo: <mcombs@pacific.netSent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:21 PMSubject: FROM: UNITED KINGDOM NATIONAL LOTTERY.
FROM: UNITED KINGDOM NATIONAL LOTTERY.
UK NATIONAL LOTTERY HEADQUARTERS:
3b Olympic Way, Sefton Business Park, Aintree, Liverpool L30 1RD, UNITED KINGDOM
(Customer Services) WINNING NOTICE FOR CATEGORY "A" WINNER BONUS LOTTERY PROMOTION PRIZE AWARDS WINNING NOTIFICATION

Dear Lucky Winner, We are pleased to inform you of the result of the just concluded annual final draws of UNITED KINGDOM NATIONAL LOTTERY International Lottery Programs. The online cyber-lotto draws was conducted from an exclusive list of 21,000 e-mail addresses of individual and corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random computer search from the internet, no tickets were sold. After this automated computer ballot, your e-mail address emerged as one of the two winners in the category "A" with the following winning information: REF No: UKNL-L/200-26937 BATCH No: 2005MJL-01 TICKET No: 20511465463-7644 SERIAL No: S/N-00168 LUCKY No: 887-13-865-37-10-83

You as well as the other winner are therefore to receive a cash prize of £1,000,000.00 (One Million Pounds Sterling) each from the total payout. Your prize award has been insured with your e-mail address and will be transferred to you upon meeting our requirements, statutory obligations, verifications, validations and satisfactory report. To begin the claims processing of your prize winnings you are advised to contact our licensed and accredited oversea claims agent for category "A" winners with the information below:

To file for your claim, please contact the processing agent; Overseas Claims Unit United Kingdom Lottery Fiduciary Contact Person: Mr. John Williams Email: fiduciary_johnwilliam@hotmail.com

Remember to quote your reference information in all correspondence. You are to keep all lotto information away from the general public especially your reference and ticket numbers. (This is important as a case of double claims will not be entertained). Please note; you are hereby advice to send the asignned Fudiciray Agent details below for Processing of your Claims;
(1). FULL NAME
(2). FULL ADDRESS
(3). NATIONALITY
(4). DATE OF BIRTH
(5). OCCUPATION
(6). ANNUAL INCOME
(7). WINNING EMAIL
(8). TELEPHONE NUMBER
(9). DATE OF WINNING NOTIFICATION
(10). SEX (11). TOTAL AMOUNT WON
(12). MARITAL STATUE
Send reply to the processing agent:- Congratulations once more from our members of staff and thank you for being part of our promotional program. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Sincerely Yours, Mrs. Rebecca Jenkins (Lottery Co-ordinator) United Kingdom National Lottery
All right reserved 2006®

NOTE: Anybody under the age of 17 and members of the affiliate agencies are automatically not allowed to participate in this program.

No comments: