Thursday, March 02, 2006

Dr. Wafa Sultan Triumph On Al Jazeera TV


(Photo: Dr Wafa Sultan)

A visitor left a much appreciated comment including a link to a remarkable debate on Al Jazeera TV between Arab-American Psychologist, Dr. Wafa Sultan, and a thoroughly outclassed Islamic cleric. It is high charity to call the Al Jazeera program a debate. The Islamic cleric was pathetic, although with the material he has to work with, he probably did about as well as anyone.

Dr. Wafa Sultan, on the other hand, was as good as it gets. She spoke clearly, passionately, pulled no punches -- as the cleric and moderator tried to sidetrack her, she stayed on message and blistered the backwardness and lack of freedoms found in Islamist nations and culture.

Unfortunately, I lost all the comments on that post and to all my other posts to date when I added a "trackback" capability I sorely needed. Necessary, but I really miss the thoughtful comments that readers had left.

Fortunately, not all was lost. As I was despairing over the lost comments, I went on line and found that my favorite Blogress Diva, Pamela of Atlas Shrugs, had posted a link to them. Thanks to Pamela, I have the honor and privilege to present Dr. Wafa Sultan, with the best presentation yet of the culture war between the West and Islamists.

Update: This just posted from the New York Times (more links at Power Line)

(Visitors: Thanks for dropping by. Before you hit the link to Dr. Wafa's "debate" on Al Jazeera, you may be interested in an exchange of letters in our local paper I had recently with a Muslim woman. In her letter, she said being a Muslim woman had made her life exceptionally free. In my response, I noted that her experiences were not typical for Muslim women. I gleaned my examples of the Oppression of Muslim Women from recent news articles, but saw many instances myself over forty years ago when I lived in relatively moderate Turkey for a year.)

No comments: